We in the Royal City don’t think a lot about what’s buried deep beneath the surface. After all, many of these properties are old enough and have stood for enough years that we figure we know everything about them, whether it’s where we’ve had to remove trees, where we’ve buried time capsules, or whether or not we have a dangerous oil tank on our property that could be leaching harmful chemicals into the soil.
So how do you know if you have an oil tank on your property? Well, to be certain, you’ll probably want to hire a detection company. Regardless, there are some key signs to look out for, such as:
- A filler pipe that is sticking out of the ground
- The presence of a vent pipe (usually at the side of the house)
- A metal pipe cap that is close to either the front or back yard
- A sunken area on your lawn
Many homes that were built between the 1920s and 1960s used oil tanks for heating and fuel. Don’t be caught off guard by learning you have one on your property.
The Four Steps Of Oil Tank Removal In New Westminster
There are four steps to oil tank recovery. They may seem simple, but you need a qualified team to complete them.
- The right team will use high-quality, cutting edge equipment to find your oil tanks.
- Oil tanks must be carefully excavated so that the surrounding soil is protected from harmful chemicals.
- Many oil tank recovery companies will have connections with certified disposal centres. Hiring the right company means access to these services.
- Backfill and remediation. After the tank is removed, you will need to backfill the spot. If there is any chance that the tank did leach harmful chemicals, you will need remediation services.
Expert Oil Tank Removal In New Westminster
When you hire West Coast Tank Recovery for your oil tank removal in New Westminster, our team will help you with detection, removal, safe disposal, and backfill. We also offer land remediation services, so that you can be ensured that your property is not at risk for contaminated soil. Our team will remove contaminated soil from both commercial and residential properties and leave your land safe to be used by your family or customers.